Monday 2 February 2009

Short story no. 1 [Sylvia]

White Nights, Black Nights, It’s All in My Head


Vyacheslav was walking down the street on Wednesday morning. He left his apartment at 5 am, it was still dark and the air was crisp and fresh, as he breathed it in he could feel his lungs getting chilly and his throat became a bit sore. He was heading downtown. There weren’t any people on the streets yet, just a few cars drew by from time to time. Vyacheslav was walking straight ahead, seemingly with a clear direction, however he had no destination and his mind was buried in deep thoughts.
I met him a few months ago, he got me from the first moment with those glassy, deep blue eyes. He didn’t tell me much at first, I barely spoke to him a few times, but I knew that I wanted to find out about his little dark secrets. He was a mystery to me and I became obsessed with the idea of getting closer to him, no matter what it would take.
He felt my obsession, he still shut me out, giving me just little bits of what I wanted, then he disappeared for days, leaving me sleepless…
This went on for quite a while, when one day he asked me to go with him for a walk along the river. I accepted immediately and went out to meet him. He started talking and it was like magic listening to him, he finally opened up, I felt him so close to me, he was like a child trapped in grown man’s body. I finally felt that he was mine, but I was bitterly mistaken. He disappeared again for five long days. I was going mad, I needed to see him, I went over to his apartment, the door was open, I went in, but he wasn’t there. His journal was on the table, I felt a terrible desire to open it and read a few lines, just a few… and I did…

“…she had the purest white skin and thick ginger hair, her little pearly earrings made her face look so noble. I knew from the first moment that she will be my next victim. So helpless, so naïve and I made her fall in love with me. Tomorrow evening she will drink my sweet poison and she will die in my arms, giving me her soul forever…………….”

“…her luscious lips have feasted on the last sip of the poisonous liquid and then she fell on the floor, her silky black hair covering half of her beautiful face………………. ”

I couldn’t read one more word, the journal fell out of my hands and I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could! I slammed the door behind me and I ran out of the building, trying to catch my breath. My room felt safe, I burst into tears and I couldn’t believe that my Vyacheslav is a murderer. What to do now, what to say, how to act if he appears, I was beginning to panic, a couple of sleeping pills helped me rest for a while …
I woke up at the crack of dawn and I thought, of course, it was just a stupid dream, he is not a murderer, I must be out of my mind, the sleeping pills must have played a trick on my mind. I giggled, how could I even think of such a gruesome thing, but where is he, I want to tell him about my dream and I want him to comfort me and tell me that everything will be all right.
Two more days passed, he invited me to his apartment. He offered me white wine, we drank and talked, I couldn’t tell him about my odd dream yet, I was getting dizzy from the wine, suddenly I felt cold and powerless, I dropped the glass on the marble floor and it broke into tiny little pieces, my vision became foggy, I saw Vyacheslav’s face, he was staring at me, everything was blurry, I fell…
He has been walking for more than an hour now, he stopped, closed his eyes and jumped in front of a truck, little drips of blood splashed on the street like tiny rubies, reflecting the rays of the morning sun. The screams of the passers-by were like on ode to his work of art. It was complete now.

4 comments:

  1. Nagyon tetszik!!! Csak olvastam, olvastam és nem tudtam hogyan fog végződni:)

    Hol van a másik kettő??? Fiúk?? Mi az e heti téma???

    Izgalmas játék, szeressem:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Este lesz csak a masik ketto, mar nagyon varom ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Добрый вечер, Спасибо!

    I am just learning Russian. Thank you for following my blog! =]

    ReplyDelete